- Project: West Yorkshire Police Leeds Divisional Headquarters & Custody Suite
- Client: Interserve Construction Ltd
- Contract duration: 4 Months
- Value: £400,000.00
- Works Completed:
- - American white Oak veneered Internal doors and paint grade casings consisting of FD30 & FD60 (ironmongery included)
- - External louvered plant room doors, external paint grade car park doors to all stairwells
- - Custody Suite sever duty paint grade double swing door sets with anti-barricade electronic locking systems
- - Glazed screens
- - Architraves, skirting’s and assorted MDF boxing’s
- - Various other assorted joinery works
A new £34 million police station that will become the nerve centre of operations in Leeds. The facility at Elland Road opposite Leeds United’s ground will be home to more than 1,100 staff. The new divisional police headquarters comprising offices, storage areas, custody suite containing 40 cells designed to stop prisoner suicides, multi level car park and secure yard area It houses detectives from CID, neighbourhood police, the district command centre and officers responding to 999 calls. L & S were pleased to supply the complete internal & external timber Door sets including Ironmongery package to this state of the art building including. American white oak veneered doors were chosen within the HQ with doors up to 2.7m in height, achieving up to 42dB rating and complimented with brushed stainless steel ironmongery, all covered with our unrivalled 25 year guarantee to meet the requirements of facilities management service program. Within the custody suite we provided a sever duty rated door sets specially designed for the environment including anti barricade removable stops and electronic locking systems, hardwood tri laminated core doors and vandal resistant Ironmongery. A remarkable building and project for L & S Contracting Ltd to be involved in.
"L & S Contracting provided a knowledgeable and proactive service from the very early stages of contract negotiation right through to contract completion. Beyond completion notified defects from the building end user with regards to doors & ironmongery have been minimal but these have without exception been attended to promptly and without question, Their approach is always open and with a “can do” attitude."
Mr Martin Brown, Project Manager, Interserve Construction
Social Media By Multi Web Services